Serves 2 – 3
- 1 1/2 organic Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large handful spinach*
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 1/2 Tbsp almond butter (without hydrogenated oils)
- 1 pitted medjool date
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small handful of ice
- Add all of the ingredients together in a blender and blend on high until smooth*
* If you’re having trouble getting the greens or the date to be smooth, you can blend them with just the almond milk first, then add in the remaining ingredients.
- Spinach is more mild than other greens and tends to hide pretty well in smoothies but feel free to use any greens of your choice.
- The almond butter and greens provide small amounts of protein, feel free to add a scoop of clean protein to this yumminess if you’re using it for a meal replacement.