Yields About 25
- 3.5 oz Organic Dark Chocolate (I like to use Trader Joe’s 73% Cacao Super Dark)
- 25-30 Pecan Halves (1 per piece)
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Date Caramel (see below)
- Place a parchment lined baking pan in the freezer (this step is very important!)
- Add 1-2 inches of water to a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat with a heat-safe dish (Pyrex) resting in the top of the pot. (You can also use a double boiler if you have that.)
- Break up the chocolate and put it in the bowl to melt. Stir it occasionally.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove the pan from the freezer and use a teaspoon or small cookie dropper spoon small discs of chocolate onto the pan. (Reserve about 1/4 of the chocolate for drizzling.)
- Once finished, put the chocolates back into the freezer to set.
- After 5-10 minutes, remove the chocolates and use a piping bag or decoration tool to squeeze an ample amount of caramel onto each chocolate.
- Press a pecan half into each of the candies.
- Put the rest of the melted chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle it over each turtle.
- Put them back into the freezer to set for about 30 minutes.
- 1 Cup Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and process until smooth.
- If the ingredients do not blend into a smooth, creamy consistency, add small amounts of water until they do.