- DO AHEAD OF TIME: Peel the bananas and freeze for several hours or overnight
- Make The Raw Brownies and press 1/2 of the mixture into a pan
- Make the Sunbutter Frosting and spread a thin layer over the brownies
- Place in the freezer
- Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and blend until the large chunks of banana are gone. You’ll have to stop and scrap the sides of the blender down a few times. Keep going until the banana turns into the consistency of soft serve ice cream. (I found keeping the blender on a lower speed helps to avoid air pockets.)
- Remove the brownie from the freezer, put half of the banana ice cream on the layer of brownie.
- On a sheet of parchment paper – press the second half of brownie dough into the shape and size of the pan you’re using. Then, place it on top of the banana ice cream layer and spread a thin layer of peanut butter frosting onto the brownie.
- Next, add the second half of the banana ice cream to the top.
- Sprinkle the cake with cacao nibs.
- Place in the freezer for a few hours or overnight to firm up.